The dumbbells are useful equipment that may be used while working out. They are typically equal weights that are attached to a handle that is held in the hand during exercises. They could be used to engage both the upper and the lower body.
They are more efficient due to the fact that they engage a good number of muscles throughout the body. There are various types of dumbbells. They are the; fixed weight dumbbells, selectorized dumbbells and the adjustable dumbbells. The ironmaster and the bowflex are examples of adjustable dumbbells. Both of them have their pros and cons.
The bowflex may come in handy especially when you desire a proper strength workout at home but do not have much of a space. For instance, the pair of 552 SelectTech dumbbells is a combination of 15 weight sets that are combined into one using a unique dial system. They are a very unique pair which is highly effective. You are able to automatically change your resistance on each dumbbell from 5 pounds way up to 52.5 pounds of weight. These dumbbells are adjusted in 2.5-pound increments. This feature enables one to gradually increase the strength without an increase in the size of the dumbbells.
These are some of the comparisons between the bowflex and the ironmaster dumbbells:
1. The first comparison is on the time it takes to adjust the weights. The time it takes to adjust the weights on the ironmaster is slightly longer than that which it takes to change the weights on the bowflex. With the bowflex, you will only need to turn a dial and the resistance will automatically change. This makes the process of adjusting the weights easier than in the ironmaster dumbbells.
2. The second factor to consider is the aesthetic status. The ironmaster is made with a traditional touch and feeling while the bowflex looks too artificial and modernized. This makes the ironmaster more preferable to those who have a soft spot for traditionally designed items – http://fitnessexercisereviews.com/ironmaster-75-lbs-quick-lock-adjustable-dumbbell-system-with-stand-review/
3. There is also a difference in comfort while working out with the two dumbbells. The bowflex is a lot more comfortable as compared to the ironmaster. For press exercises, the ironmaster is not much of an issue, however for curls and other exercises that demand for quick change, the item is not very efficient.
4. In the bowflex dumbbells, the weights are locked to the handles while in the ironmaster, there are no locking mechanisms for the screw in pins. There are also no magnetic mechanisms put in place to hold them and they only use friction to prevent the screws from reversing.
These dumbbells also have certain similarities:
1. The weights do not move or rattle while you use them. They are rather solid and stuck together.
2. Both of them are good options for users who use heavier weights for press exercises.
3. Both of them do not have the “awkward” pillars that you have to stick your hands into.
These two dumbbells are great dumbbells and can really facilitate your exercise.